Search This Blog

30 November 2010

A Recipe for All Mothers


Today i left some dishes dirty,
The bed i made at 3:30
The nappies soaked a little longer,
The odour grew a little stronger.
The crumbs i spilt the day before
Are staring at me from the floor.
The fingerprints, there on the wall
Will likely still be there, next fall.
The dirty streaks on the window panes
Will still be there next time it rains.
"Shame on you old lazy-bones, " I say
"And just what have you done, today?"

I nursed a baby till he slept,
I held a toddler while he wept.
I played a game of hide and seek
I squeezed a toy, so it would squeak.
I pulled a wagon, sang a song,
Taught a child right from wrong.
What did i do this whole day through?
Not much that shows, I guess its true...
Unless you think that what I've done
Might be important to someone
With bright blue eyes and soft blonde hair
If that is true, I've done my share.




http://www.123glitter.com/comments-graphics/

No comments:

Post a Comment