Jelly slice.... I make this every Christmas and i always have to make a second batch. If you have never heard of jelly slice, you are missing out. The base is a sugary biscuit, the middle layer is condensed milk and the top is, well, jelly.
I saw people make this slice for years and i wouldn't even try it. My husbands mother used to buy it from a local lady and put candles in it for her children's birthday.
i decided to make it one day for my husband to bring back some childhood memories and once i tried mine i was obsessed! I had to make another batch to take to the work Christmas party and i had people ask me to make more for them!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as i do :)
- 1 packet Arnotts 'nice' biscuits
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 175g unsalted butter
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp gelatine powder
- 1 packet raspberry jelly
- Line a slice tray (or in my case a container) with baking paper
- Dissolve jelly in 1 1/2 cups boiling water and place in fridge to cool
- Crush biscuits and combine with melted butter and sugar. Press in to slice tray and refrigerate 30 mins
- Dissolve gleatine in 1/2 cup hot water. Combine with condensed milk and pour over biscuit base. Refrigerate 30 mins until nearly set
- Pour cold jelly mixture over slice and return to the fridge to set.
- Slice into squares and enjoy!