Ice-cream, chocolate cake and peppermint..... What could taste better?
- 2L mint choc chip ice-cream, softened (not melted.)
- 1 Chocolate mud cake (brought is fine)
- 1 tsp peppermint essence (I didn't use this and it was still amazing)
- Something to decorate the top with (i used chocolate chips and chopped peppermint crisp bar)
- Soften your ice-cream out on the bench if you haven't already.
- Remove and throw away icing from mud cake. Using a serrated knife, split cake in half horizontally. Place 1 cake round between 2 sheets of baking paper. Using a rolling pin, roll cake out to fit your round spring form pan. Repeat with remaining cake round.
- Place 1 cake round into spring form pan. Drizzle with half the essence. Spread half the ice-cream over cake. Top with remaining cake round. Drizzle with remaining essence and spread remaining ice-cream over the top. Decorate top of cake if desired then cover the surface with plastic wrap, then with foil and freeze overnight.