Marshmallow cones..... I buy them from the bakery sometimes and they are ok but i thought i would give them a go myself. WELL! I thought that they would taste even worse then the bakery ones, but i was wrong! These are the creamiest and thickest marshmallow cones i have ever had!
Homemade all the way!
They also happened to be the cheapest things i have ever made as i had everything in the cupboard!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp powdered gelatine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Flat based ice cream cones
- Place sugar, water and gelatine in saucepan on med/high heat and stir until dissolved (about 2 mins)
- Stop stirring, bring to a light boil, reduce heat if it starts to rise but maintain boil.
- Boil 10 mins without stirring.
- Remove saucepan from heat and place on wire cake rack to cool for 15 mins.
- When marshmallow has cooled it will look like this:
6. When marshmallow has cooled, add vanilla and beat with beaters for 5 mins until thick, white and creamy.
7. Add food coloring if you like at this point.
8. Spoon into ice-cream cones and decorate with sprinkles.
For best results leave to set in refrigerator 24 hours - I wouldnt know, i ate one after 2 hours in the fridge and it was amazing!