I love caramel slice. I love it even more with butternut snap biscuits as the base!
- 1 packet butternut snap biscuits
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 140g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- 2 x tins condensed milk
- 3 x tbsp golden syrup
- 1 x family block chocolate
- 2 x tsp vegetable oil
- Base: Preheat oven to 180c
- Combine all base ingredients and press in lined baking tray
- Bake 10 minutes
- Caramel: In a saucepan combine condensed milk and golden syrup. Stir over medium heat for 15 minutes until thick and colour has changed.
- Pour over baked base and bake a further 10 minutes.
- Topping: Melt chocolate and oil together and pour over caramel
- Refrigerate until set.
You WILL NOT stop at one!!!!