I nearly died when i tried this cake, even the batter was addictive! It seriously tasted like something from an expensive cafe.... Mind you, it cost me around $15 to make! (Soooooooooo worth it though!)
I am no fancy baker so it looks like crap but it was so moist and delicious!
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups SR flour
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 1/1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups firmly packed grated carrot (approx 3x large or 5x small)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven 180c. Grease a round cake tin.
- Combine oil, sugar and eggs in a bowl and whisk well. Add flour, bicarb and cinnamon and stir gently.
- Add carrot and walnuts and mix. Pour mixture into pan and bake 50 mins or until cooked.
- Cool 10 minutes in tin before turning out to cool completely.
- Make icing: Beat cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla until thick.