Chewy marshmallow on top with a crunchy base. The jam just makes it!
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup plain flour
- 150g butter, melted
- 2/3 cup strawberry jam
- 375g marshmallows
- 3 weet-bix crushed
- Preheat oven 180c. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine weet-bix, sugar, coconut and flour in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Add melted butter to the dry ingredients and mix until evenly moistened.
- Tip into tin and use the back of a spoon to press into an even layer.
- Bake base 25 - 30 mins until golden brown.
- While slice is still warm, spread with jam.
- Arrange the marshmallows over the top in straight lines slightly apart and return to the oven until marshmallow has melted slightly.
- Cool slice in the pan and cut into squares to serve.
Jasmine watching the marshmallows melt, yum!