Search This Blog

26 September 2011

Marshmallow Cones









Marshmallow cones..... I buy them from the bakery sometimes and they are ok but i thought i would give them a go myself. WELL! I thought that they would taste even worse then the bakery ones, but i was wrong! These are the creamiest and thickest marshmallow cones i have ever had!

Homemade all the way!

They also happened to be the cheapest things i have ever made as i had everything in the cupboard!

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp powdered gelatine
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • Flat based ice cream cones
  • Sprinkles
  1. Place sugar, water and gelatine in saucepan on med/high heat and stir until dissolved (about 2 mins)
  2. Stop stirring, bring to a light boil, reduce heat if it starts to rise but maintain boil.
  3. Boil 10 mins without stirring.
  4. Remove saucepan from heat and place on wire cake rack to cool for 15 mins.
  5. When marshmallow has cooled it will look like this:







6. When marshmallow has cooled, add vanilla and beat with beaters for 5 mins until thick, white and creamy.



7. Add food coloring if you like at this point.
8. Spoon into ice-cream cones and decorate with sprinkles.

For best results leave to set in refrigerator 24 hours - I wouldnt know, i ate one after 2 hours in the fridge and it was amazing! 




1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this. I'm an Aussie but live overseas where we can't find these anywhere, and wanted them for my kids to try. Tried this recipe late last week. I'd made marshmallow in the past and it wasn't so great. However, this recipe was so easy and made the best marshmallow cones! I think I beat it more as I couldn't spoon it in evenly, so they looked like ice-creams. I refrigerated half and kept half out to eat straight away. The ones I ate immediately were amazing, but the ones refrigerated for 24 hours were even better! I couldn't believe it was possible! Thank you so much. Fiona

    ReplyDelete